Hopefully I don't offend you when I say that yesterday was a day from HELL! Well let me re-phrase that, the afternoon was from hell.
Yesterday around lunch I got a call from day care saying to watch for bumps on Blake's, feet, hands and mouth- that a boy in her class was sent home with hand/foot/mouth virus. I got a 2nd call from day care around 4:30 that Blake's ear was bleeding a lot from the inside and running down the side of her face. So I call the doc right away and they said it sounds like a ruptured ear drum, but they want to see her first thing in the morning-
I picked up both girls from school and went to McDonald's to get happy meals (lazy mommy had not been to the store). So driving in the parking lot, I rounded the corner that has some nice shubbery and trees in it, and BAM, I hit a 17 year old boy that was walking in the parking lot. I was going very slow, I was about to make a left turn in the parking lot, so I had to be going about 5mph. The only thing I really remember is his orange soda flying up in the air and landing all over my windshield. I was beside myself, shaking, crying you name it. He jumped up and said he was just fine. He was a nice young man, I offered to give him a ride home, but he insisted that he was fine and that he would be fine walking. I made him take my business card with my number on it, just in case. Well last night we got a phone call from his aunt- she said his knee was really swollen and that he was in a lot of pain. So I told her to please let me know how he was, and if she decided to take him to the doctor. I have not heard back from her, so I am sending positive thoughts up that he is fine. My insurance guy told me this morning to just give them my policy number and the claims phone number if they called back. I honestly think I am still upset and in shock over this. I did not sleep at all last night, all I can think about is this kid that I hit. This is not an experience I would wish on anyone. It was AWFUL!
So onto Tuesday morning- I took the Booze into the doctor first thing, sure enough a RUPTURED ear drum. Poor sweet baby, the doctor said that this is extrememly painful and that it must have caused her a lot of pain right before it burst. The day care said she was fine yesterday and never let on that she was hurting. So they gave us antibiotics and sent us on our way. I feel so bad that she is not able to tell her mommy when she is hurting. The doctor also said that it looks like Blake is just getting over hand/foot/mouth virus. Ummm I never noticed anything, I can not believe that it was MY child that had given the virus to the other babies. She said it is only contagious in the first few days and that Blake was way past that. She had only a few little bumps on her foot. JEEEEEZ!
So I am hoping that yesterday was the worst of my days for a long while. I can not handle anything much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment