Tuesday, March 1, 2011

blankie and other things....

You can find Blake roaming our house with her blankie.  She usually has her blankie, her paci and her lambie.  She is too funny!


The fridge provides some much needed entertainment for the girls.  As you will notice above there is someone else that can also be found with her blankie at all times.  I can not fault my girls, their mother is 34 and still sleeps with her blankie. 


Not too much going on around here.  I was out of town last week for work, and was so happy to see my little family again.  It is getting harder and harder to be on the road away from them. 

The girls and I were going to lunch the other day and we were talking about their daddy and out of no where Lily says, "Mommy why don't you have a daddy?" I was literally shocked and did not know what to say to her.  I said, "Oh mommy does have a daddy, he is way way way up in the sky."  So when we got home I had a balloon in my truck that Lily had gotten on Valentine's day and she accidently let go of it and it went up into the sky.  While she stood there sad, she looked at me and said, "Mommy that went up to your daddy".  I was not prepared to have this conversation with a 3 year old, and tears fell down my face.  But, I know that as the years pass I will make damn sure that she knows about my daddy.  And that she knows how much my daddy would have loved them both!

McF

No comments:

Post a Comment