Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My BIG day!

Well June 30th is here and gone.

I had my procedure this morning at 10am. I was a little nervous for it, but I put my big girl panties on and went in and got it done.

They laid me on a table and Mike sat in the chair at the head of the table. They gave me about 10 shots to numb the entire area, and Mike's face was priceless. The doctor asked him if he needed to sit in the waiting room? They left us in the room for about 30 minutes, I guess for the shots to work or for my nerves to totally freak out. I am truly not sure why I had to lay there so long. Mike and I laughed and I tried to read my book...... In walks the doctor and the nurse and they are ready to begin. So they cut out about 2 inches in length and 1 inch in depth of my skin, flesh whatever it was. At one point Mike gasped and I knew he was grossed out.

This poor man has had to witness every awful side of me. From 2 c-sections, to having every skin issue under the sun, he stands beside me and makes me smile. I was so glad that he was there beside me, I felt a sense of calm while the doctor was digging away. I am truly so lucky to have the wonderful husband that I have and the many wonderful caring friends that I have.

Hopefully in a week I will hear back from the doctors as to the results of this biopsy. But, for now I am in some serious pain and will be medicating myself to sleep tonight.

Much love,

McF

No comments:

Post a Comment