Saturday, July 16, 2011

Who moved my cheese???

Have you read the book who moved my cheese? Well if not you should. I had a really hard time with Lily changing schools. The first day she went to the new school was awesome, she loved it. They next week and a half were a nightmare, more for me than for her. She would scream and cry when I dropped her off in the morning, and would cry most of the day. Primrose is an amazing school with amazing structure, and that has been really hard on Lils. They have stations that they go to each morning. They divide up into 3 groups and each group does science for 30 minutes, and then they switch to what the group next to them was doing- maybe reading, writing math ect.. Lily has had a hard time understanding patience and understanding that she has to wait until its her groups turn to go to the next station. Her last school was run more like a zoo so there was no order and she is for sure not used to that. I have been so stressed about her hating her new school that I broke out with the Hives and have not slept in the 2 weeks...
I was out of town this week and Mike would text me each morning with a report as to how she did at drop off. Each day was a little better and Friday's report was that Lily took off running towards her class and was super excited to be there. That report made my heart smile. And at the end of the day Mike said that Lils ran up to a friend of hers in the parking lot and was chatting with her before they got in separate cars to go home.
She seems very excited about the new school and has said over and over again that she is ready for Boozer to go there as well. So August 1st I will be making the transition over for her. Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment