Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Plagiocephaly

Well the subject of this post says it all. If you don't know what plagiocephaly means, let me educate you....... This means FLAT HEAD! And yes, at our 6 month check up this morning we learned that Baby Blake has plagiocephaly AKA flat head. We have known this for sometime, but kept our fingers crossed that it would correct itself.
Now I type this post with tears streaming down my face. My sweet angel baby goes to a plastic surgeon on the 24th of August to be fitted for a helmet. Yes, that is right a helmet. It breaks my heart to know that she will have to wear one of these and feel the pain of having to sleep in this. I have seen a few babies that have these on and I have always felt so sorry for them and for their mom's. Now my baby will be one them! I know that it could be so much worse, but my heart breaks for Blake. I don't know any details, but researching on the internet is not doing my heart any justice.
Keep Blake in your thoughts and maybe somehow her head will correct itself in the next month- very unlikely but worth a shot.

McF

1 comment:

  1. She, you, Lily, and Mike are in my thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete