Monday, September 21, 2009

Off to east Texas for some fun!


On Saturday we packed up the troops and headed east to see Aunt Amber and to celebrate Baylee's 2nd birthday.
Lily had a great time and would basically not get out of the jumpy. She was drenched from sweating so bad. We had a good time out there and I sure miss Amber living closer. I get to see her almost once a week, but I wish our girls would be closer. They are exactly 2 months apart and I know that they would have a good time playing together if only we didn't live an hour apart.

It is hard that I have 5 best friends and only one of them lives in Houston. The rest are all spread out in Texas and we don't get to see them much at all. I guess I should be thankful to just have that many friends that I can say are my BEST FRIENDS! It is hard at this age to make new friends, I am hoping with Lily getting older and she will be playing sports that I can meet some new girls to maybe hang out with. I have always been the person that has had lots of friends, I love hanging out and having girl time. I guess it is something that I guess I can say I sord of crave at this time in my life. People close to me that will re-assure me that I have not lost my mind and love me for the crazy person that I am. I was thinking last night how sad I was that Amber lives in another city, she truly is like my kindred sister. We got to know one another very randomly and never ever looked back. And if you put the 2 of us in a room with 40 other people you would never match us up together. Very different views on everything, but I guess that is the way it is with all of my friends. We are all very different, I am very set in my views and my ways and my friends just knowing me for as long as they have accept me for me. I have gone off of the subject hear of our Saturday in East Texas- crazy how your mind wonders by just looking at a picture. :0
Amber and I shared everything while we were pregnant with these 2 girls. It was so much fun, we would spend every other week getting our feet rubbed oh...and pedicures because we had gotten so fat that our feet would bark all day long. We talked about everything and how things would be and cry to one another when we were so freaked out about what was yet to come. I still remember the day that Amber had Baylee, we ate at Houston's that afternoon, she was not allowed to eat and being the horrible pregnant friend I was I scarfed down some food in front of her. :) Her husband sat there and did not eat though, so that was kind of him. It was late that night when Baylee was born and I could not last, I had to go home and go to bed. I waited up all night for my call and it never came... I finally called the hospital and was told that they were in recovery and waiting on a room, so I felt better about that and went off to sleep. I woke up way earlier than normal and hurried to the hospital to see Amber and Baylee. I walked in the room and right away my tears started flowing. Her husband was like oh jeeeeeez look who is here and guess what she is crying. ha ha ha, I guess everyone knows that I am emotional. There in Amber's arms was the most beautiful 10 pound baby girl with a head of black hair that I have ever seen. I guess it is times like these with friends that you forever cherish. I loved her baby as soon as I saw her, and could only imagine how I would feel about my own.



Amber and I still get together as often as possible, sometimes we laugh and laugh and other times we listen to the other cry. It is just whatever the mood brings. I am just so thankful to have friends like this in my life that just let me be me.
And so anyways.. we went to Baylee's party jumped in the jumpy and swam in their pool. As soon as we got in the car for the long haul home, our little princess was fast asleep in the back. We had a great time out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment