What an amazing day I had with the Keller Williams memorial city group. They have a red day every year and that is a day for them, to give back to the community. Since my company is partners with them we also get to participate. Starting the day I knew nothing of what we were doing, all Stacy (my awesome co-worker) told me was that we were making sandwiches. Okay how boring, but I was up for it. When we got to the center (in an awful area of Houston) we were given the history of the place and told what they do everyday. Everyday the make 1700 sandwiches and bag them with juice and a snack and take them to the area kids that don't have food. Okay tears are coming to my eyes during the introduction. We bagged lunches for 4 hours and the lunches were then delivered to the kids. It was almost like a 3rd world country, kids running up to the van so excited for their meal. It was heartbreaking and amazing all at the same time. I am going to volunteer here once a month, I too can make a difference one sandwich at a time.
http://www.kidsmealshouston.org/content/about-us

No comments:
Post a Comment