Friday, February 3, 2012

Bathroom do over!

With all of the re-doing in the kitchen area I thought it was a perfect time to update our bathrooms as well. I am ready to show you the master, but not yet ready for the girls bathroom (AKA MoMo's bathroom). I am addicted to pinterest.com and houzz.com, so I searched and searched for different ideas. The walls in the bathroom looked like a checker board once I had all of the different samples up. I am not sure Mike really trusted me with this project, I think he thought I was just going to make a huge mess that he would have to pay someone to fix.

Yes I realize that the pictures are all crooked and the place is a mess.  I never cared much about what our bathroom looked like , until NOW!  The before is so boring and all one color.  I have tried and tried with different towels and different mats, but nothing ever worked. 

 
I did not realize that our cabinets were wrapped in a plastic cover.  I researched different ways to paint them, but nothing seemed to be working for me.  I decided to heck with it, I would just rip all of this "plastic" off and start over- so I did just that. 

I decided on a brown for the cabinets, but then with my online research I quickly changed to black.   We had a very SMALL drawer in the middle that we would fight with everyday just to close.  It was not really large enough for one of my hairbrushes, so I yanked and pulled it down. 


I was not sure what to do with the middle, so I just found some wrapping paper that I really liked, and decided to go with that.  Staple gun and mod podge and BAM!
Thankfully it is the 30% off sale at the Container store so I bought us some baskets to better organize our "junk".
I thought some shelving would be nice under the vanity (since I sit in the bedroom to do my make-up) this area is a wasted space!  Off to home depot I went with measurements for the new shelving.  I painted the underneath with the same cabinet color.
As for the top of the shelves, again with some mod podge and a sealant...




I wrapped them in more wrapping paper!


I love this- we are still waiting on our new bath mats, but here it is.  I am also going to replace the faucets and lighting (but that can wait for a bit)




It is so nice to have room for everything and drawers that you can pull in and out and not worry about a hairbrush ruining your morning. 


And of course since I love my husband and am thankful he stood by while I made a mess I hung his pic of Wide Spread Panic back up. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment