Thursday, May 19, 2011

ENT update

We took Lily to our ENT yesterday to have her checked out.  She keeps coming up with strep and I want to get to the bottom of it.  He checked her out and noticed that she has a large amount of fluid in her left ear (this is the ear with the tube still in).  He was very concerned about that, and her about her quality of hearing out of that ear.  He said her tonsils are very large and that we need to listen to her at night while she sleeps to see if she is breathing okay.  He suggests having the tonsils removed...  We decided that I will take her to her pediatrician next week and have another strep test to see if the antibiotics she is currently on have done away with her current strep.  If it has then I want to give it a month or so and see if she gets strep again, if she does then I will have no choice but to have her tonsils removed.  The surgery would put her under for 20+ minutes and be a 5-7 day recovery, this surgery is much worse when older.  The doc will also drain her ear and place another tube in it.  Fingers crossed that we don't see strep again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment